2016 Dundas Street Festival
Completed Music Objectives:
- Feature a diverse selection of performers that represent a variety music tastes and genres of the London, ON population. We fulfilled this goal by selecting acts who will perform rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, Columbian, experimental, blues, punk, garage, R&B, cover songs, rap, and more.
- Feature all new top-performing acts who did not play the 2015 Dundas Street Festival. London has a HUGE talent pool of acts which is great, however, we wanted the best, so we booked many of the acts earlier in the year to ensure they would be available in September.
- Continue featuring acts that aren’t all male dominated. 3 of 4 showcases are headlined by strong female-fronted acts
- Feature an impressive selection of acts that are London, ON based. 12 of 17 acts are from London.
- Select acts that are currently making a difference or are set to make an impact in the music scene. Two acts recently played at Wayhome Music & Arts Festival (Lido Pimienta, West Nile) many have either just released albums (Wormwood), EPs (Glass Face) or will soon (Raised By Swans).
We hope you take the time to listen and watch videos the incredible performers this year!
– Aaron McMillan, Festival Director